Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 6, #14, Technorati

I have been playing around with Technorati searching as suggested in the assignment. When I searched for "library 2.0" under keyword search, exact phrase, I found 1,034 hits for the search. When I did a tag search for the same phrase, I found 484 hits. The blog directory search yielded only 145 hits. Obviously, the keyword search results in the most information being found, as would be expected. There are many posts which have the phrase somewhere in the article, but it is not used as the tag or blog name.



Under the popular search, I could see that it is possible to search for the most popular music, videos, games, DVDs, news, or blogs. This option yields some interesting results, especially in the news section. It looks like this would be a very quick and easy way to zero in on the most important news stories of the day

No comments: